International Clean Racers Club [ICRC]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weekly Spec Racing League

+9
Quantum Cyclist
GSS II Decky II
RFCGoalie
Nebraska805
Marco350
hydro wasul
RippednTorn
x ALiEN 8
ChimpEye72
13 posters

Go down

Weekly Spec Racing League Empty Weekly Spec Racing League

Post  ChimpEye72 Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:59 am

Hello there,

The Midweek Spec Racing League will (hopefully) be a fun weekly competition to bring some online racing to the ICRC members. At this stage, I am gauging interest and hopefully getting some feedback on rules etc.

The format is as follows:-

Drivers who sign up will be placed in a league.

Each league will consist of 10 drivers (maybe less depending on interest).

Every week (on a Thursday at 9pm UK time?), there will be 5 races using 5 different spec cars starting with D class then C, B, A and S. All races for that week will occur on 1 track with a different track being picked each week. (To be discussed)

Any assists are allowed.

Each room will consist of the 10 drivers from each league and they will race off for position. Points awarded for placings and fastest lap bonuses.

After each week, the bottom 4 drivers will be relegated to the division below and the top 4 from that division will replace them. This will continue until Forza 5 is released....!

This format is intended to be pretty flexible as you can miss a week or weeks and return later but chances are you will have dropped a few leagues.

The number of leagues initially will be based on likely entries. The lowest league will probably be a collector league of an undefined number, again depending how many drivers enter (but could be 16 drivers)

To be placed in a league, in the first week, qualifying will take place. This will be done using the Kia Cee'd top gear challenge and there will be a cutoff day/time for this. The faster you are, the higher league you will start in.

The emphasis for this competition will be fun, clean racing. At this point there will be no prizes as it is just really a reason to get like minded clean racers together in a mildly competitive arena.

Please feel free to leave feedback and state wether you would be up for this.

I will be messaging all 99 club members on Live about this and also starting a thread in the Racers section of the Forza forums so please share your interest their also if you have the time.

Forza Forum Link

Thanks for reading.

ChimpEye72

Last edited by ChimpEye72 on Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:53 am; edited 2 times in total

ChimpEye72

Back to top Go down

Weekly Spec Racing League Empty Re: Weekly Spec Racing League

Post  x ALiEN 8 Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:55 am

This sounds Awesome Very Happy , although would it be possible to start a bit earlier , say 8pm ? as 9 might be a bit late for me
I'll might still be able to play if it's 9pm , I'll just be knackered lol

x ALiEN 8

Back to top Go down

Weekly Spec Racing League Empty Re: Midweek Spec Racing League

Post  RippednTorn Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:18 am

Firstly, thx for taking the initiative in setting this up. I am definitely up for this, but I'll wait to see what the final meeting time for the races will be, as I am about 10 hours ahead of you. I guess racing at 7am Friday morning will be ok...lol As a matter of fact, I can't think of a better way to start the day.
RippednTorn
RippednTorn

Back to top Go down

Post  ChimpEye72 Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:38 am

x ALiEN 8 wrote:This sounds Awesome Very Happy , although would it be possible to start a bit earlier , say 8pm ? as 9 might be a bit late for me

It could be a little bit earlier. I stated 9pm UK as I guessed that may be late enough for members in Europe so that they have finished their evening activities i.e. eating / speak to wife / put kids to bed etc. Its difficult arranging something like this with so many peoples differing requirements. Will say 8.30pm UK for now then.

RippednTorn wrote:..but I'll wait to see what the final meeting time for the races will be, as I am about 10 hours ahead of you. I guess racing at 7am Friday morning will be ok...lol As a matter of fact, I can't think of a better way to start the day.

Ah, 10 hours eh. As I said above, it's tricky making it good for everyone. I aimed for midweek and 9pm UK as it suits me pretty well Smile (weekends are 50/50) and would hope it suits a large enough group in the club!!

ChimpEye72

Back to top Go down

Post  x ALiEN 8 Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:03 pm

Yeah I appreciate that Chimp , 8.30 would definately be better for me , however we better wait and see what time is best for the majority

x ALiEN 8

Back to top Go down

Post  hydro wasul Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:38 pm

sounds nice but will there be a "weekend spec" racing league also? Smile

hydro wasul

Back to top Go down

Post  Marco350 Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:19 pm

Great idea! Count me in Smile

Marco350

Back to top Go down

Post  ChimpEye72 Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:46 pm

hydro wasul wrote:sounds nice but will there be a "weekend spec" racing league also? Smile

I can understand how weekend would be preferable for most. So at this stage, could everyone showing interest say if they prefer Thursday night at 8.30pm UK or Sunday night at 9pm UK. 9pm Sunday would also give our Western neigbours a chance to get involved too. Which ever means we get more people...thanks for the feedback so far.

ChimpEye72

Back to top Go down

Post  Nebraska805 Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:03 pm

If you do end up having it on Sunday. I'd love to participate. That puts it about 1pm California time.
Nebraska805
Nebraska805

Back to top Go down

Post  RFCGoalie Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:28 pm

I would also be interested in this. Also, if there is enough interest from the NA people, I'd be willing to facilitate a similar series during more midweek-friendly times. Smile

Thanks
Matt

RFCGoalie

Back to top Go down

Post  ChimpEye72 Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:56 am

Just an update. Have been through the process of adding most club members from the ICRC to my friends list. Once accepted or not, will message everyone about the proposal. From the feedback, it looks like a Sunday night could work best (for 2 regions at least).

I get the feeling that their may not be enough people interested just from Europe so it could be useful having the NARC members involved too. Will wait and see.

ChimpEye72

Back to top Go down

Weekly Spec Racing League Empty I'll Join

Post  GSS II Decky II Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:25 pm

My Gamertag is my user name just message me when the qualifiers are

GSS II Decky II

Back to top Go down

Post  Quantum Cyclist Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:37 pm

I think I could do a Sunday.

QC

Quantum Cyclist

Back to top Go down

Post  SiBoN xB Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:27 pm

Yep up for this any day is good for me

SiBoN xB

Back to top Go down

Post  x ALiEN 8 Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:00 am

Sunday is good for me Very Happy

x ALiEN 8

Back to top Go down

Post  ChimpEye72 Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:16 pm

Thanks for the replies guys. Apart from you gents and a few on Live, the response so far has been...underwhelming. Will hopefully get some more but at this rate, getting enough people to join for league setup could be difficult.
Anyway, will wait and see. At worst, a bunch of us could get together for some online racing at the specified time anyway.
In the meantime, was thinking what spec cars to run in the first week. Was thinking of UK models only but that is a whole load of RWD. My next thought was just FWD models.
Any suggestions?

ChimpEye72

Back to top Go down

Post  hydro wasul Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:59 am

i will also participate...
i actually like the fact that you can miss a race and not be disqualified for the whole league, as i probably will miss some.
as for car specs, i would select a few cars (like in the wtcc spec thread in this forum) and add some restrictions. and since the PI is balanced so much better it wouldn't be unfair to have all types of RWD, AWD and FWD cars to suit everyone's mood What a Face

hydro wasul

Back to top Go down

Post  takethewheel Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:38 am

I'm up for this too...

takethewheel

Back to top Go down

Post  toxic ed Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:34 am

Sorry for the late response, but I'll be up for this pirat

toxic ed

Back to top Go down

Post  hydro wasul Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:56 pm

just to clear things up, UK time is GMT 0? i'm not too familiar with different timezones...

hydro wasul

Back to top Go down

Post  ChimpEye72 Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:13 pm

hydro wasul wrote:just to clear things up, UK time is GMT 0? i'm not too familiar with different timezones...

Yes, it will be next week. This sunday, the clocks go back (extra hour in bed), so UK time will be GMT +0.

Another update, have about 10-12 people who have shown interest.
Could have 2 leagues of 6 to start with and hope some more people join. (Will keep badgering people).

Or we just have a full room of racing!!

And you can start to qualify for a league (in case that is what happens).
Try to get the fastest time you can on the Star in a reasonably priced car top gear rivals event. The faster the time, the higher league you will be in.

ChimpEye72

Back to top Go down

Post  BigMoto12 Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:06 am

This sounds great - I'm up for it on Sundays.

BigMoto12

Back to top Go down

Post  ChimpEye72 Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:59 am

BigMoto12 wrote:This sounds great - I'm up for it on Sundays.

Unfortunately, due to a lack of numbers, have decided to not pursue this idea further. Will probably try to have some individual spec. racing sessions instead....maybe this weekend.
Thanks for your interest though.

ChimpEye72

Back to top Go down

Post  Quantum Cyclist Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:01 pm

I wasn't sure if we had canceled this on Sunday so I logged on and started a room. We had some great racing with about 5-6 members.

Maybe we should think small and just have a set time every weekend (Sunday at 8pm - 0 GMT) that we all meet up for some racing. That way it takes no real prep, but we start to get larger grids. If it takes off, then we could organize it as a league?

QC

Quantum Cyclist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down