International Clean Racers Club [ICRC]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Chasing Casper] InterClub Time Trial Extravaganza.

+4
Beosha
TeamGreenZX10
Shivva771
LeakBlack
8 posters

Go down

[Chasing Casper] InterClub Time Trial Extravaganza. Empty [Chasing Casper] InterClub Time Trial Extravaganza.

Post  LeakBlack Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:36 pm

I'm going to be putting together a Time Trial competition each week starting this Sunday if enough people are intrested.

The rules are as follows:

Each week 2 tracks will be randomly selected from any of the Rival competitions.

Each Player will spend exactly one week trying to post their best time on each track.

At the end of the week the combined total from both races will be added up and the Player will the lowest combined time will win.

Here comes the best part........

The entry fee each week will be a car valued at approx 50,000cr

The winner of the weekly competition will recieve this car from each player that enters the competition.

For the time being we will use this thread for sign-ups and information.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

LeakBlack
affraid [Chasing Casper] affraid

LeakBlack
LeakBlack

Back to top Go down

[Chasing Casper] InterClub Time Trial Extravaganza. Empty Re: [Chasing Casper] InterClub Time Trial Extravaganza.

Post  Shivva771 Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:58 am

Sounds like a cracking idea, especially combining 2 different tracks. Consider me signed up.

As for feedback I was wondering if this was going to be an 'open to all classes' type event or have a class and P.I. restriction for each track along with possibly a banned list of cars that are not allowed? I know some Forza sites running track attack events are banning certain cars at the moment due to a couple of bugs where they become very overpowered with certain setups. Personally I'd prefer the fixed class and PI type of event as to an open one.

Not sure if it's possible to create a voting poll on the forum but that might be an idea for selecting each weeks tracks and vehicle classes. Just throwing out ideas so feel free to ignore or jump onboard with whatever ye fancy, I'm looking forward to it whatever the final format. Very Happy

Shivva771

http://www.TF-images.com

Back to top Go down

[Chasing Casper] InterClub Time Trial Extravaganza. Empty Re: [Chasing Casper] InterClub Time Trial Extravaganza.

Post  TeamGreenZX10 Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:31 am

I recommend the Rivals mode where they give you a specific stock tuned car and all entrants must use the same car with the same parts on the same track (I guess you can adjust tire pressure lol) No Assists? hopefully ... ... i just want to know which tracks and cars are to be used before i sign up haha ... cuz some cars i suck with and some tracks i refuse to race on ... aka those damn nascars ... and that damn Nascar road course ... I have a Nascar ban in my life ... it pained me to even type the word ... F1 - WRC - Touring - GT2 - and GrandAm is real racing --- you know , where you have to turn both ways, brake, shift both up and down... and use all three pedals ( sometimes all at the same time with 2 feet lol ) and Entering / Leaving the pits doesnt count .......... IM SO SORRY for that rant .... dont know what got into me Smile
TeamGreenZX10
TeamGreenZX10

https://www.facebook.com/Austin.Uhrick

Back to top Go down

Post  Beosha Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:26 am

Don't worry about assists. Any assist you use slows you down a little bit: ABS means no threshold braking, TCS/SCS means you can't put down power as effectively, racing line is only about 95% and teaches you bupkis about how to go through a corner off the line or overtake in a corner, etc. "Faster with assists" means you're not driving to your car's potential in the first place.

Beosha

Back to top Go down

Post  Bullitthead Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:11 am

I can understand the stock tune interest but also think that this competition would be a great way for us to add well tuned cars to the team garage. It's nice to have a car tuned to a specific class and a specific track. Either way it sounds like a fun competition!

Bullitthead

Back to top Go down

Post  ChimpEye72 Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:39 am

Yep this sounds good, will be up for this.
Regular TT and HL challenges aside from the rivals will keep interest up.
Pretty average lapper but all good fun.

So how will times be monitored? Is there a way to isolate the times for the car/track combo or is it down to trust?

ChimpEye72

Back to top Go down

Post  Shivva771 Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:46 pm

Should be easy enough to pick up the times of folk from the club list on the specific leaderboard section for that track and class I think.

Shivva771

http://www.TF-images.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LeakBlack Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:00 pm

Great feedback

After putting a little thought into the idea. Tell me what you think.....

One race each week will be based on a stock time trial in rivals mode......

This is to keep the competition fair, close, and time trials are more fun on the rival boards due to exp, credits, etc....

The other will be based on a track day event or auto-cross where if a car meets the T10 requirement for the race then it is eligible for the weekly event....

This adds a twist to the event and allows players who may not be the fastest around a track, but are beasts in traffic, a chance to win.

I belive once we get this up and running, and if we get a following, then we can add the non-stock events to the mix. I'm just afraid here at first people will shy away if they are faced with the daunting task of tuning a car in order to be competitive.

As far as checking times is concerned......

I'll have to continue looking into this, I'm good with the honor system, but I know less people will participate if there is a chance for cheating.

I'm open to suggestions on this as it seems to be the achilles heel of this event....

Again thanks for your feedback and I look forward to getting this up and running.

-LeakBlack

LeakBlack
LeakBlack

Back to top Go down

Post  LeakBlack Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:05 pm

Shivva771 wrote:Should be easy enough to pick up the times of folk from the club list on the specific leaderboard section for that track and class I think.

Yea but if you've posted a previous fast lap on the track prior to the event.

A= a slower cars time isn't going to show

B= you could lie and say the time posted is your time for this weeks event.

There has got to be a simple way to do this......

Uploaded cell phone pics of your time?

We all create new gamer tags and buy another live subscriptions....

The issue is trying to make it fun for everyone form every skill level.

If it was a leetest event I'd say to each his own, because your previous fast lap probably isn't going to stand up.

Again I'm open to ideas...
LeakBlack
LeakBlack

Back to top Go down

Post  Bullitthead Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:26 pm

Can we save the replay of the fast lap and then upload it to our storefront? Would that work? Not sure if replays show the lap time or not, haven't messed with them enough.

Bullitthead

Back to top Go down

Post  Bullitthead Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:27 pm

Also don't know how'd we go about editing that replay if we happen to set our fast lap on lap number 50 or something, that would make for a long replay lol.

Bullitthead

Back to top Go down

Post  Saizyn Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:44 am

Firstly, I'm up for this kind of a competition. Great Idea!

Now...

1. The entry car... 50k stock value? Or, will a tuned car that hits the mark be valid?
2. Stock car tracks are perfect for this, and if you save your replay I believe it only allows you to save the current lap, unless its a multi-lap race.
3. Speaking of multi-lap. Will we restrict those type of races, or will they be part of the competition when/if they appear on the monthly boards?
4. Leaving the assists as a "per driver" choice is a good idea. Personally, I drive with no assists other than braking line.. and that's only because I don't have all of the tracks memorized.
5. Suggestion: 50k limit for the car is great (stock or upgraded either way) but, add a side note to it, that the same car cannot be donated in succession. Just in case we get a driver that wins a couple weeks back to back, he/she can bolster their garage a bit instead of getting duplicate cars. Exceptions would be if the donator asked the group if they wanted a specific car. I.E. I donate a sup'd up Honda on week 3 and the winner loves the car and talks it up a bit. The next week, the group says .. " Hey, Donate that B.A. Honda that <Insert Winner Here> got last week. That thing looks SWEET!"

Ok, thats my thoughts.

Saizyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Nebraska805 Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:55 pm

I love this idea. I can't wait for some free cars Smile I digress, I'm sure I will find a way to choke.

I can't think of a good way to show independent lap times though. It would be great if car clubs could create their own community rivals race.

Can you post replays to your storefront? I've never tried to do that. Isn't stuff on the storefront time stamped?
Nebraska805
Nebraska805

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down