International Clean Racers Club [ICRC]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reviewed and recommended storefront tunes

3 posters

Go down

Reviewed and recommended storefront tunes Empty Reviewed and recommended storefront tunes

Post  Quantum Cyclist Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:53 pm

I thought I would start a thread listing tunes I have bought on the SF and my impressions of them. I am a little reluctant to share these out as I want to support the tuner community. Money is easy to come by and your garage could always use more bling.

Both of these are from the same tuning group (DMS/ECT). I have no affiliation, but I am now frequent shopper.

Note: I drive with a wheel, simulation steering, no assists except braking line

1. A600 Ferrari 355 Challenge - This car fantastic, extremely easy to drive, very stable, almost feels like you are driving with assists. Crazy grip on Maple Valley and Muguello. Runs out of breath on longer tracks like Road Americal or Sunset. If you've race with me online, this is the car I drive. ( I did put a different livery on it ) - http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/4881722.aspx or you can search GT DMS Forza Racer on the SF

2. A600 Lotus Exige 06 - Very similar to the Ferrari but not quite as forgiving. Still way more stable than most Exiges, just edgy like any short wheelbase MR. Just bought this one last night and have already bested my 355 Challenge times on Mugello. http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/4912482.aspx or you can search GT DMS Forza Racer on the SF

Let's hear yours and more to come.

QC

Last edited by Quantum Cyclist on Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Quantum Cyclist

Back to top Go down

Reviewed and recommended storefront tunes Empty Re: Reviewed and recommended storefront tunes

Post  Quantum Cyclist Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:12 pm

Btw, if one of the admins would grant me the ability to post a hyperlink, it would be aprreciated. You can find descriptions of these tunes on the FM4 official forums in the Tuning section.

QC

Quantum Cyclist

Back to top Go down

Reviewed and recommended storefront tunes Empty Re: Reviewed and recommended storefront tunes

Post  ChimpEye72 Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:10 am

Nice idea Quantum. Generally try to buy off the reputable garages on the Forza forum.

Have not bought too many tunes off the SF yet but here is what I have bought and used so far:-

Bought the A class BMW 135i tune (very early on) from Gearbox tuning. It is very tail happy and needs a huge amount of throttle control to get the most out of it.
Getting the tyres up to temp is important. Has lots of power and would not recommend it for beginners but could get good times on the speed tracks.

A Class Subaru 22b and B Class Seat Ibiza Cupra from the Plop Shop. Both absolute grip monsters that pull out of corners so well. Really well balanced.
Would recommend for the more technical tracks. Very easy to drive but would probably need practice to get the most out of.

ChimpEye72

Back to top Go down

Post  Quantum Cyclist Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:41 pm

Added hyperlinks.

Quantum Cyclist

Back to top Go down

Post  Quantum Cyclist Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:48 pm

Found a great A600 tune for a 1980 Lotus Esprit Turbo on the SF the name of the tune is "work" so search by keyword. Really good speed tune that handles fanatastic. I'm not much of a driver, as anyone who has raced me can atest, but I managed to get to the top of our club leaderboards on Road Atlanta with it.

QC

Quantum Cyclist

Back to top Go down

Post  RippednTorn Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:06 pm

I built 2 A600 cars yesterday in an effort to try and catch your Road Atlanta time. A Supra and a Nissan. I can't think of the model at the moment, too tired to think straight. Anyway, after much messing around with different tunes, I got it down to around 0.8 secs behind you. Then you came back and did some more hot laps and did an even faster lap. Now I'm around 1.2 secs behind you. Oh well, back to the drawing board, lol. I'm not sure that I will catch your time, but it sure as hell is good fun trying.

I prefer to build my own cars, but may give the storefront a look to see what's there. At the moment I have been avoiding the storefront and auction house until T10 fix that 999.999.999cr glitch that some people have been getting.
RippednTorn
RippednTorn

Back to top Go down

Post  ChimpEye72 Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:07 pm

Quantum Cyclist wrote: I'm not much of a driver, as anyone who has raced me can atest, but I managed to get to the top of our club leaderboards on Road Atlanta with it.

QC

You do yourself an injustice sir, you were pretty quick during the races last weekend.
Thanks for the tip on the Lotus, will look it up.

ChimpEye72

Back to top Go down

Post  Quantum Cyclist Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:33 pm

RippednTorn wrote:I built 2 A600 cars yesterday in an effort to try and catch your Road Atlanta time. A Supra and a Nissan. I can't think of the model at the moment, too tired to think straight. Anyway, after much messing around with different tunes, I got it down to around 0.8 secs behind you. Then you came back and did some more hot laps and did an even faster lap. Now I'm around 1.2 secs behind you. Oh well, back to the drawing board, lol. I'm not sure that I will catch your time, but it sure as hell is good fun trying.

I prefer to build my own cars, but may give the storefront a look to see what's there. At the moment I have been avoiding the storefront and auction house until T10 fix that 999.999.999cr glitch that some people have been getting.

Yeah, I spent way too much time hot lapping to get that #1 time from pHR Wizz999 UK. I'm sure he will have me beat by tomorrow. I ended up beating his ghost on the short track, by maybe 2-3 feet (13/1000'ths of a second) and I don't want to admit how many times I spun out, hit the wall, drifted off the track........................sooooo many dirty laps.................soooooo many times his ghost slipped past me on the last turn or as we crossed the finish line. My son now has a whole new repertoire of bad words to take to school with him.

QC

Quantum Cyclist

Back to top Go down

Post  ChimpEye72 Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:51 pm

Very nice tip on the Lotus Quantum, very well balanced car.
Just don't check the Atlanta Full LB for a while, wouldn't want your son learning even more bad words.

ChimpEye72

Back to top Go down

Post  Quantum Cyclist Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:14 pm

ChimpEye72 wrote:Very nice tip on the Lotus Quantum, very well balanced car.
Just don't check the Atlanta Full LB for a while, wouldn't want your son learning even more bad words.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just kidding. That tune is pretty awesome, right?

Quantum Cyclist

Back to top Go down

Post  ChimpEye72 Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:27 pm

It is excellent, will be trying it out on some of the faster tracks.
Well the guy who sold the tune is in 18th on the Rd Atlanta LB with an Esprit, nearly 3 seconds up....
The true hotlappers are a different breed!!

ChimpEye72

Back to top Go down

Post  Quantum Cyclist Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:19 pm

Spent about 25 mins and almost got you. Got my time below 1:30.

QC

Quantum Cyclist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum