International Clean Racers Club [ICRC]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTCC style events

+3
SiBoN xB
LeakBlack
Nebraska805
7 posters

Go down

WTCC style events Empty WTCC style events

Post  Nebraska805 Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:59 pm

I've been playing SimBin series racing on the PC forever and I miss this class on forza. Would anyone be down for this style of events.

WTCC has some restrictions and I think they could be applied.

Min Wgt: 1200kg or 2,645.54 lbs for those of us who have yet to adopt the metric system.
Rollcage
1.6L max displacement proposing 2.5L for Forza 4 compatibility
TurboCharged
Original Suspension
250mm tire width max
Some kind of livery and number
There are other restrictions but with PI I don't think it will matter. (Sound out if you think otherwise)

Do you think make/models should be limited to those comparable in WTCC/STCC/BTCC? I know that some of them aren't available in Forza.

WTCC is racing Suzuka East this weekend! I think it would be fun to do the same. I checked out the test times and it looks like A600 is the closest for PI restrictions. Probably closer to A550.

I would like to run an exhibition at Suzuka this weekend say at 12pm Pacific Time. I think that is around 7/8pm for most of those in Europe.

If there are enough takers maybe we can turn it into a regular event or even an official event. What do you think.

Thanks,
Brent

Edit: I've went through the list of F4 cars and determined I needed to up the displacement limit. I went with 2.5L. I'm proposing the following suitable cars that are not AWD and meet weight and engine requirements and are not so low on PI they would need alot of upgrades.

Year Make Model Class P.I. HP Torque Weight Speed Handling Acceleration Launch Braking Disp. Engine Drivetrain
2010 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Turbocharged B 455 256 353 1352 5.9 4.7 6.9 6.3 4.7 2.0L L4 Turbo FWD
2009 Ford Focus RS B 468 300 432 1468 5.2 4.9 7.1 6.5 4.8 2.5L L5 Turbo FWD
2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 C 417 263 380 1461 5.4 4.8 6.4 6.4 4.7 2.3L L4 Turbo FWD
2010 Peugeot RCZ C 370 198 275 1304 4.8 5.0 5.7 5.9 4.8 1.6L L4 Turbo FWD
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP B 431 260 353 1337 4.7 4.9 6.8 7.1 4.9 2.0L L4 Turbo RWD
2010 Renault Megane RS 250 B 427 250 1387 5.1 4.9 6.4 6.6 4.8 2.0L L4 Turbo FWD
2010 SEAT Leon Cupra R B 439 261 350 1375 5.5 4.9 6.6 6.5 4.7 2.0L L4 Turbo FWD
2006 Vauxhall Astra VXR C 402 236 320 1393 5.2 4.7 6.2 6.1 4.7 2.0L L4 Turbo FWD
2009 Volkswagen Scirocco GT C 382 197 280 1318 4.5 5.0 5.9 6.3 4.8 2.0L L4 Turbo FWD
2009 Volvo C30 R-Design C 373 227 320 1452 5.4 4.4 5.8 6.3 4.2 2.5L L5 Turbo FWD

I'm still at work so I can't play around with them yet. Don't know on PI restrictions yet. I'm disappointed by the lack of RWD cars. What do you think of the cars?

Last edited by Nebraska805 on Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:05 pm; edited 5 times in total
Nebraska805
Nebraska805

Back to top Go down

WTCC style events Empty Re: WTCC style events

Post  LeakBlack Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:37 pm

Hey this sounds like a great idea.

Anything we can do as a club will only add to the whole experience, which that's the point of being in one right?

As far as the regulations/restrictions go, you seem to be the expert so I'm ok with you setting the rules.

I think adding limits adds depth to the experience so I do belive we should follow the rules as closly as we can.

Just keep in mind that fairness is the name of the game when it comes to community style events.

In my humble opinion, set a PI limit on a few cars that you feel best represent the sport. I'm not afraid to share my build with the club garage so thoes who dont wish to build their own can participate.

I'm looking forward to your response on the car rules so I can start building mine asap. Smile

-Leak
LeakBlack
LeakBlack

Back to top Go down

Post  SiBoN xB Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:37 pm

Great idear m8 i got race 07 not so long ago just for this kind of racing count me in

SiBoN xB

Back to top Go down

Post  hydro wasul Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:25 pm

only to extend this idea, let's say a painter and a tuner work out a whole event like this (with different liveries and car numbers etc.) to fit certain league restrictions and then thy put those in the shared club garage so everyone can jump right in?
the amount of work (and credits Very Happy ) would of course only be right when this would be a league with many events...
or maybe some kind of racing team thing where every team has 2 cars with exchangeable drivers (cause there won't ever be all drivers online Very Happy )

hydro wasul

Back to top Go down

Post  ThirdEyeGirl Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:55 pm

I'm down for this... Sounds like fun. Very Happy

Now I do make livery's and I tune. But I don't paint as well to make racing designs, and I tune my cars to my driving style. Witch is in between loose and tight, leaning more towards loose. So I may not be the best choice for that.

As for teams. I pick either Leak or Green. Razz
ThirdEyeGirl
ThirdEyeGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  ThirdEyeGirl Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:32 pm

Ok Nebraska... I took a look at the WTCC restrictions and have modded and tuned an SS Cobalt to said restrictions and have made a car that is on par with the lap times of the car you built, but that is a lot more race friendly.
So if you feel so inclined. You can send me all your WTCC cars and I will upgrade and tune them just as I did my Cobalt and than send them back to you. I may even tweak the liveries for you as well. Very Happy

And you should trust me that I have kept (best I could with the forza upgrades) to the WTCC restrictions. I am an ASE certified mechanic. Though 3 of my certs did expire last year. :p
ThirdEyeGirl
ThirdEyeGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Bullitthead Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:04 am

Yup I did the same with the Solstice, I think I stayed within WTCC regs. Give it a try and tell me what ya think, interesting doing a tune with stock suspension but I think it turned out well. I also didn't know for sure if WTCC allowed aero or not, it's got areo but drives well without it if I need to take it off.

Bullitthead

Back to top Go down

Post  Bullitthead Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:43 pm

Was thinking about maybe doing a Honda S2000 for this series also, more RWD options needed lol. Whatcha think?

Bullitthead

Back to top Go down

Post  Nebraska805 Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:57 pm

Discussed this with ThirdEyeGirl some last night.

Race suspensions can be used. Aero definately.
Nebraska805
Nebraska805

Back to top Go down

Post  ThirdEyeGirl Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:27 pm

Yeah... It took me all day and night to tune and paint all twelve of those cars, but they are done. Now with the majority of them. I only tweaked the liveries. Nebraska is responsible for the majority of them. But I did re tune them to be much more competitive and easier to handle. Very Happy

I had the same idea Bullitthead. That's why I made that '91 M3 into one. And the reason I used the '91 is because it had a 2.1 L engine in it. And BMWs are run in the WTCC, although they are a 320ci and had their I6 replaced with an I4
ThirdEyeGirl
ThirdEyeGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Bullitthead Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:20 pm

Interesting, I admit I don't know much about WTCC but I bet that M3 turned out pretty well didn't it! I was considering doing another build on my solstice for myself with race suspension, now I'm going to for sure. I think that car will definitely be competitive with a full suspension tune. I'm thinking the S2000 would do well too although I haven't even drivin it yet, let alone start a tune on it.

Bullitthead

Back to top Go down

Post  ThirdEyeGirl Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:37 pm

Well feel free to do so. But let me tell you the restrictions, other than what is already listed. Full race suspension is allowed. So is race anti-roll bars. Don't go to full race weight reduction because the rules state that all cars must have all their seats.
No race breaks. Only metallic drive shaft. Full on race tires and wings are allowed.
As for engine. Try not to go full race if at all possible. Except for air filter, fuel, ignition, and oil and cooling. Can't go full race on exhaust, cams, block or valves.
You need a race clutch, a race transmission and a 1.5 diff.

Those are the rules that we can play with on these WTCC cars.
ThirdEyeGirl
ThirdEyeGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Bullitthead Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:44 am

Got it, was thinking about an RX-7 and RX-8 also. Thought those would be a couple of other good RWD options. I've already stuck my RX-8 build in the garage, gonna have to tweak it a bit though now that I have the specific build regulations.

Bullitthead

Back to top Go down

Post  ThirdEyeGirl Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:52 am

Right on! And I'll send you some WTCC sponsor and number vinyl groups. Very Happy
When I get on the game that is. :p
ThirdEyeGirl
ThirdEyeGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  ThirdEyeGirl Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:39 am

Well as it stands. Bullitts RX-8 is lapping 1 1/2 seconds faster and golfers Clio is lapping 3 seconds faster. So if you two want your cars to be competitive. You may want to gift them to me so I can tweak them, and than I'll give them back.

But if you feel that you'd rather tweak them yourselfs. Than go ahead and do that. But please do so with the guidelines that me and Nebraska have set forth.

Thank you and happy racing. Very Happy
ThirdEyeGirl
ThirdEyeGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  flyingfinnstar Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:19 pm

sounds great! are you still doing WTCC races? I recently joined NACR and would love to get in on some clean racing!

flyingfinnstar

Back to top Go down

Post  ThirdEyeGirl Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:34 pm

flyingfinnstar wrote:sounds great! are you still doing WTCC races? I recently joined NACR and would love to get in on some clean racing!

Yeah we do when there are enough people on to do a race. Razz
ThirdEyeGirl
ThirdEyeGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  flyingfinnstar Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:59 pm

First of all i have to say those WTCC cars looks absolutely stunning with realistic race liveries.

I took the rwd BMW, rwd Honda and fwd Mazda around Catalunya for a test session. I think they all felt solid nice and consistent, i was lapping pretty much within 1 sec on them. nice job!

I noticed there were no Nissan in WTCC style. I think the one of rwd Silvia models could be suitable, its within the regulations as far as i can tell. I was initially hoping a Skyline could be converted to rwd but unfortunately they have turbos that cant be removed.

Out of curiosity, i'll see if i can get a Silvia tuned and running close to the same laptimes. Unless i've missed something disqualifying it from WTCC..?

flyingfinnstar

Back to top Go down

Post  ThirdEyeGirl Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:43 pm

Well I looked at the GTR cars and didn't see that they didn't qualify for the WTCC (Forza style). So I went ahead and made an R32 in WTCC fashion.

Also it took me a bit, but I finally gifted the cars Nebraska sent me back to him. So he gets the credit for making those liveries. All I did was add WTCC accurate vinals and tweak the designs a bit.
ThirdEyeGirl
ThirdEyeGirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum