International Clean Racers Club [ICRC]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speak Up folks!

5 posters

Go down

Speak Up folks! Empty Speak Up folks!

Post  Voodoo 962 Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:21 am

I spent some time racing with some of our Euro members last night. Mostly good clean racing but can I ask people to please use your headsets! It's no fun racing in silence. And if you're talking about what you're doing on track then it can help avoid accidents, like the pile-up that always seems to happen at turn 1 of Road America!

Voodoo 962

Back to top Go down

Speak Up folks! Empty Re: Speak Up folks!

Post  Shivva771 Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:15 am

Possibly a silly question Smile Will any headset work with the 360? The one I got with the console is very uncomfortable to wear I find but I have a much nicer one that I use on my PC for Skype etc.

Shivva771

http://www.TF-images.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BigMoto12 Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:31 am

Voodoo 962 wrote:I spent some time racing with some of our Euro members last night. Mostly good clean racing but can I ask people to please use your headsets! It's no fun racing in silence. And if you're talking about what you're doing on track then it can help avoid accidents, like the pile-up that always seems to happen at turn 1 of Road America!

Very good point - I've never used my headset, but I've just found it and I will use it.
I was put off the headset when I used one on my old PS3 and you just got a bunch of kids talking crap.
But to avoid accidents etc. its got to be worth using.

BigMoto12

Back to top Go down

Post  Voodoo 962 Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:47 am

Shivva, wired headsets have to be Xbox compatible ones because of the unique connector where it plugs in the controller. I don't know about wireless ones though. Oh & having said that, I don't know if you can use USB ones? If you can, I'd expect it to say "Xbox 360 compatible" on the manufacturer description/packaging, whatever.

Big Moto, cool, no need to worry about listening to stupid kids talking crap here! Communication really makes a difference, especially when you're in a close race with somebody Cool

Voodoo 962

Back to top Go down

Post  hydro wasul Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:45 pm

while i do have the headset that comes with the console i often play with headphones (baby sleeping etc.) and its difficult to wear both... Smile
and i want to hear the engine cause of manual w clutch and of course the superb sounds of forza 4 affraid

well i will try to use it as often as i can

hydro wasul

Back to top Go down

Post  Saizyn Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:13 am

If you've got a few bucks to put into it, then the Turtle Beach EarForce X31's are cheap, around $60 US on Ebay.. $99 from the site. They sport feature sound from the game, and the ability to chat with your team/racers. While not the superb 5.1 or 7.1 of the X41's and up, they do work pretty well. At least from the reviews I've read. I ordered a set for myself the other day, should have them this week. Once I get some playtime in using them, I'll write up something a bit more definite.

Saizyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum