International Clean Racers Club [ICRC]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cheers from Down Under

3 posters

Go down

Cheers from Down Under Empty Cheers from Down Under

Post  RippednTorn Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:30 am

Just want to say a quick hello to all.
My name is Geoff and I'm 45yrs old and live on the East coast of Australia. My GT is Rippedntorn and I've been playing racing games on consoles for about 15 yrs.
I was browsing the FM.net site for a few weeks in the lead up to the release of Forza 4 and when I saw Voodoo was creating a clean racers club..I sent him a PM and he accepted, which I was much appreciative of. Btw, I'm not a member on that site which is probably why my name didn't get added to the list of Pacific players. Since joining the club I have been invited to a number of Pvt lobby races with some fellow members and it has been quite a refreshing experience to race with people that have a mutual respect for each other on track. Of course accidents happen when racing, it's the nature of the game, but at least you know it's not intentional slamming, which is something I have experienced in some of the public lobbies.
One more thing, I don't have a mic yet..but intend to buy one soon...as racing without it in a room full of people speaking with each other is a tad isolating.
RippednTorn
RippednTorn

Back to top Go down

Cheers from Down Under Empty Re: Cheers from Down Under

Post  Quantum Cyclist Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:02 pm

Welcome. Raced with you a couple of times now. Yeah, a mic will definitely help with the social aspect of this. I really like the international aspect of our group. I was born in Munich and raised in the states. Only know enough German to order a beer.

QC

Quantum Cyclist

Back to top Go down

Post  ChimpEye72 Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:48 pm

Welcome Geoff, great to see more international friends joining up and that you have already experienced some online action.

Out of interest, did you get any lag during your races?

ChimpEye72

Back to top Go down

Post  RippednTorn Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:58 pm

Quantum Cyclist wrote:Welcome. Raced with you a couple of times now. Yeah, a mic will definitely help with the social aspect of this. I really like the international aspect of our group. I was born in Munich and raised in the states. Only know enough German to order a beer.

QC
Yes, definitely need to get a mic soon...and it's been cool racing with you..thx again for the invites
RippednTorn
RippednTorn

Back to top Go down

Post  RippednTorn Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:07 pm

[quote="ChimpEye72"]Welcome Geoff, great to see more international friends joining up and that you have already experienced some online action.

Out of interest, did you get any lag during your races?[/quote
Thx for the welcome...and I don't get much lag at all really...certainly nothing that's ruined a race, guess I'm either lucky or have a good connection...and I am mostly racing Europeans and Americans due to the hours I race, which is from around 9am till about 1pm local time
RippednTorn
RippednTorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Quantum Cyclist Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:09 pm

ChimpEye72 wrote:Welcome Geoff, great to see more international friends joining up and that you have already experienced some online action.

Out of interest, did you get any lag during your races?

I know this was directed toward Geoff, but I will say we had all three regions racing online (8-9 racers) and no noticable lag that I saw. Btw, my actual name is Steve.

-Steve

Quantum Cyclist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum