International Clean Racers Club [ICRC]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

steering wheel?

5 posters

Go down

steering wheel?  Empty steering wheel?

Post  oO zHuNteR Oo Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:25 am

looking into getting a steering wheel setup. Do you guys use one if so whats a good wheel to get? all help appreciated thanks

oO zHuNteR Oo

Back to top Go down

steering wheel?  Empty Re: steering wheel?

Post  The 559er Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:41 am

I've been using the new wireless wheel from Microsoft, and its fun but when you need serious races its better to use the controller still, at least for me since I was trained on that over the years. But other than that, Ive been skeptical to buy a racing wheel rig for 360 because all of them had bad reviews. :\
The 559er
The 559er

http://www.villeccomedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ChimpEye72 Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:54 am

Invested (and that's the right term) in the Fanatec Porsche GT2, Club Sport pedals and support frame (not the giant cockpit one), in July.
Have to say, it has revolutionised the game for me.

Used to use the controller, normally with a few assist i.e. ABS and sometimes TRC.

Now use the wheel with no assists (except breaking line) and it is just sooooo much fun.
Takes some practise but I am now finding it easier to take the quicker lines in corners due to the precision of the wheel and the new physics.

If you can afford it, just do it.

ChimpEye72

Back to top Go down

Post  oO zHuNteR Oo Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:28 am

thanks guys chimpeye do you have any idea where i can buy fanatec in uk and how much they are cos i can only see them in usd and euros any idea in gbp (great british pounds)

oO zHuNteR Oo

Back to top Go down

Post  ChimpEye72 Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:21 am

Fanatec are a German company so if you want new, you should go direct with them. It worked out at 584 euros including delivery which is about just over 500 quid. Delivery might be more to the UK (I work and play!! in the Netherlands so it was sent to me there). It was a very fast order / delivery turnaround.

You might be able to get used i.e. EBay, but you would not be sure of the condition of course.

I don't know of any UK stockists sell them new and if there was some, they would probably mark up the price.

There is a new wheel out that Fanatec released in conjunction with Forza4 and it may be cheaper (don't know) but would expect the build quality and functionality to be just as excellent.

I would really recommend getting the Club Sport pedals whichever wheel you got and the table clamp should work fine if you don't want the frame (I hear you need a sturdy table though).

Good luck.

ChimpEye72

Back to top Go down

Post  Quantum Cyclist Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:37 am

I use the discountinued MS FFB wireless wheel which you can probably find used. I know it gets a bad rap, but I really like it and have had no problems.
Whatever you do, don't get a wheel without FFB, otherwise you really just have a different form factor controller. I heard someone say that the cheap FFB wheels are like a starter guitar and the non-FFB wheels are more analogous to a Rockband guitar.
Just my opinion.
QC

Quantum Cyclist

Back to top Go down

Post  Shivva771 Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:49 am

Was looking into getting a wheel aso and while the Foce Feedback ones are possibly out of my budget at the moment I was thinking of picking up the new Microsoft Wireless Speedwheel or the Thrustmasters Ferrari Italia 458 one. If I do go ahead and get one in the near future I'll chuck up a wee review of my thoughts on it compared to the controller.

Shivva771

http://www.TF-images.com

Back to top Go down

Post  oO zHuNteR Oo Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:01 am

thanks guys and shivva i will keep my eyes open for that review

oO zHuNteR Oo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum