International Clean Racers Club [ICRC]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would you like a spot of tea?

5 posters

Go down

Would you like a spot of tea? Empty Would you like a spot of tea?

Post  LeakBlack Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:29 pm

I often get jealous of the fact that you guys dont have to get up at 2am to watch a live F1 race.

And that you have the real Top Gear on the real BBC.

And that your domestic cars out perform our rocket sleds.

But I will say this about the good ol USA......

Atleast we don't talk funny.
LeakBlack
LeakBlack

Back to top Go down

Would you like a spot of tea? Empty Re: Would you like a spot of tea?

Post  Quantum Cyclist Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:24 pm

LeakBlack wrote:I often get jealous of the fact that you guys dont have to get up at 2am to watch a live F1 race.

And that you have the real Top Gear on the real BBC.

And that your domestic cars out perform our rocket sleds.

But I will say this about the good ol USA......

Atleast we don't talk funny.

"Two nations divided by a common language" - Oscar Wilde

Quantum Cyclist

Back to top Go down

Post  Voodoo 962 Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:40 pm

Haha! You guys!! Yeah, we don't *usually* have to get up at 2am to watch a live F1 race. Actually, our F1 coverage is one thing that is a major win for us; the BBC's F1 coverage is the best motorsport ever produced, it's really comprehensively well done. Sadly, we're losing it next year because of some greedy twat hijacking it.

That said, we have NO coverage of LeMans, FIA GT, ALMS, IndyCar, or any of the other top-drawer racing series....not unless we pay ridiculous sums of money every month to the same greedy twat who's hijacking the F1 broadcast rights.

And in my humble opinion, Top Gear is a crock of sh!t. It's a complete waste of time, doesn't ever tell you anything remotely useful of interesting about cars. They just waste loads of time on insanely expensive, completely pointless exercises like blowing up caravans and ski-jumping minis. But I understand why people like it.

tongue

Voodoo 962

Back to top Go down

Post  Beosha Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:30 pm

Voodoo 962 wrote:And in my humble opinion, Top Gear is a crock of sh!t. It's a complete waste of time, doesn't ever tell you anything remotely useful of interesting about cars. They just waste loads of time on insanely expensive, completely pointless exercises like blowing up caravans and ski-jumping minis. But I understand why people like it.
But, but, but... They turned an actual craptastic car into an actual fake space shuttle and actually launched it into the air on a rocket! After which I think it crashed, but of course that was always a given.

You might get the impression that I occasionally watch Top Gear for the lulz. You might be right. Smile Actual automotive journalism it isn't, though.

Beosha

Back to top Go down

Post  TeamGreenZX10 Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:18 pm

You know what I love about them tho ... they get people that arent interested into cars ... interested ... i dont know how many girl friends ive had that LOVE that show and hated cars till that show ... so cheers to that Smile
TeamGreenZX10
TeamGreenZX10

https://www.facebook.com/Austin.Uhrick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down